Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mike has been away, AGAIN

Erm... wow that was a long time ago since I've posted.

Here's the basic breakdown. As the semester began, blogging kind of... left my mind. I was up to adventure and fun! And blogging seemed to be side tracked.

Perhaps the main reason that this occurred is that my blog is kind of unfocused. There's too much going on. It's just about me in Japan, and the only people I really even want reading it are people I know personally. Since they see the majority of my activity on facebook, twitter, etc, this blog has become largely unnecessary with the combination of "lots of things to do" mike and "unsure what to say" mike.

So, no two things.

1. I will keep this blog around for the next 4 weeks I am in Japan. HOWEVER
2. I will be creating a NEW blog, for the project I have been working on for the last 4 months or so.

As many of you know, I love food, but I also love CHEAP food. Ramen is something very dear to the heart of Sapporo, and as you may have noticed by my previous post, it is also something that completely fits my interests. It's Japan-unique, it's cheap, it's various and complex, it's loved all over Japan, and it's delicious.

So... I decided at the beginning of the semester to start going to various Ramen Shops, in an attempt to understand some of the culinary backbone that makes up what Sapporo is. Since this blog has existed mostly on a personal level, I will be making a new one exclusively about Ramen in Sapporo.

That is all. If you like, please check it out. Here:

http://sappororamenguide.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment