Saturday, February 6, 2010

End of Semester

Man... those finals were rough.

So the first semester of Hokkaido adventure time has ended. And thus begins my amazingly obscene long spring break. Just under 2 months really...

What is Mike planning to do in such a long time?

TRAVEL YOU FOOLS. TRAVEL.

I have been blessed with a scholarship this year, which, when combined with my hilariously minuscule dormitory costs (about 100 USD per month, utilities included), has allowed me a rather ample amount of funding for adventure. Aside from the HD camera I bought, I haven't really spent any money on anything besides food and train tickets. No clothes, no weird trinkets, nothing.

So... with money in hand, I figure now, with all the immense freetime I have on spring break, I can regain my tourist role in society, and see more of this gloriously unique country.

Here I will be announcing my VERY TENTATIVE schedule for the spring break vacation.

Feb 18th-22nd, Nagano. My host family is amazing!!!!
Feb 23rd - 28th, Other Honshu adventures. Osaka, maybe Koyasan, Nara, etc.
March 1st-8th: Okinawa. Beaching it UP
March 9th - 14th: Back to Honshu for more adventure, A brief stay in Nagoya is in the works?
March 15-17: Tokyo. Gotta love Tokyo
March 18th: Fly back to Sapporo


Yes, I am going to Okinawa. I am PUMPED.

Along the way I plan on doing TONS of media content. I've been avoiding video editing because it just takes so long! HD is a lot of data to transfer to a video editing program, and each video, shockingly, takes a good 3-4 hours to fully complete. So obviously... I'm making these videos as a labor of love.

Cause I love you guys!

And of course, I'm really looking to well document what I've done here.

Speaking of video blogs... get ready for a new one soon!

Can I get some feedback on those please? FORREAL! Ideas?

Man I am not used to this freetime...

Up up and awayyyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment