Friday, February 19, 2010

New blogging baby woo woo!

So the adventure has begun. As of this writing I am in Nagano, Japan. There's just one issue.

Computer access. Y'know, such things are hard to get here when Internet is so rare. Although I'm staying with a host family, they only have one computer and no wifi, so even the remote chance to use it is close to nothing.

Furthermore, most places have little to zero Internet, as I've stated many times I'm sure.

Though I decided to bring my laptop with me on this 4 week travel fiesta, it's usability has drasticly dropped. We all love the Internet amirite?

So how in the world am I writing this blog without a computer?

All I can say is, iPhone apps kick major major butt.

In fact I'm kind of shocked with myself for not purchasing this app sooner. I want to blog on a far more frequent basis, but posting at a computer takes time and editing, so I completely unintentionally prevented myself from being more frequent in logging my life here.

Well that should all change now! Yesssss win!

Today I went to Zenkouji, the legendary temple of Nagano. It's massive, but ironicly enough, the thing I remember most isn't just the temple (which I've seen three times and it is QUITE remarkable), but one of the shops towards the enterance that sells miso ice cream.

Yes, miso flavored soft ice cream.

It was gooooood. Creamy, sweet, kinda tangy, buttery, weird.

Take a note from the Japanese eccentric tastes my chef friends!

I'm lookin' at you Vince and Glenn!

No comments:

Post a Comment